RIMES Regional Facility, AIT Campus, 58 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
Education and Experience
- Completion of bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum of 7 of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, finance, budget.
- Postgraduate degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, finance, budget.
- Professional certification in Accounting or Finance is desirable.
- Experience in analyzing data and preparing management reports
- Work experience from reputable audit firms, international organizations, or donor organizations
Qualifications and Technical Skill
- Knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and standards.
- Ability to apply conceptual, analytical, and evaluative skills in accounting operations.
- Ability to prepare and maintain the full set of accounts
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Infor SunSystems or other Accounting Software (for non-profit)
- Fluency in oral and written English and Thai
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of international donor agency requirements and regulations
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to follow through on tasks
- Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, open to learning
- Able to work within systems and procedures, work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads
- Able to analyze and integrate potentially conflicting numerical, verbal, and other data from a number of sources
- Willing to demonstrate, apply and share expert technical knowledge across the organization
- Able to work independently and multi-task and meet deadlines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance and Accounting
- General accounting tasks, including reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations, preparing journal entries, preparing monthly closing and financial reports, preparing account/bank reconciliations
- Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks
- Oversee the validation of transactions and verification of their overall impact on the general accounts
- Contributes to updating financial and accounting policies and related tools, systems, technologies, and related procedures.
- Lay down and validate the accounting systems and tools
- Review financial paperwork and procedures, provide recommendations, and make necessary changes
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payments vouchers
- Prepare payments, bank transfers, and do the bank transactions
- Produce periodic financial reports and other financial documents for the management of RIMES in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to the Head- Operation Support Department as per prescribed deadlines.
- Prepare invoice to the projects for services and cost share
- Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely
- Settle amounts due, or recover outstanding receivables
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues
- Prepare and coordinate financial audit
- Ensure timely and effective follow up to audit observations and recommendations
- Ensures that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
- Update the Head- Operation Support Department on financial status of the organization
- Assist the Programme Officer in reviewing budget proposals of grantees and sub-contractors
- Ensure proper and complete documentation and filing for easy retrieval of all accounting related documents
- Identify and provide feedback and suggestions to management related to improvements to the RIMES’s policies, procedures, processes and financial systems and related programs
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head- Operation Support Department.
Ms. Dusadee Moya
Manager-Finance, Administration and Human Resource
Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System
RIMES Program Unit
PO Box 4 Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.