RIMES Regional Facility, AIT Campus, 59 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
- Monthly base salary negotiable, commensurate with qualifications
- Housing allowance
- Health, life insurance
- Annual leave allowance of 24 days
- Master, degree in communication arts, international development, or other relevant social science
- Demonstrated experience in formulating and implementing an Communication strategy; at least 3 years of International experience in similar capacity
- English proficiency in communication, presentation, and report writing; demonstrated research skills; demonstrable ability in documentation and knowledge management interventions.
- Self-motivated, good interpersonal and communication skills; flexibility attitude to work with a team.
- Develop communication and advocacy strategy for raising public knowledge and awareness on all dimensions of RIMES (goals, messages, methods and volume) that targets TV, radio, press, and internet;
- Develop awareness raising materials for each target audience including public and private sector stakeholders with the necessary information from RIMES in order to prepare them for the review process.
- Collaborate in design and production of communication material and disseminate to RIMES partners and external audience.
- Provide technical support to RIMES on generating media coverage of institutional issues, including supervising the production of editorial content and provides quality assurance;
- Build strong relations with media (national and international) including corporate contacts of individuals, groups, organizations and media outlets;
- Organize media coverage of institutional review activities/events (workshops, seminars, round-tables and presentations) as well as preparation of press-releases, statements, interviews and media-kits where required;
- Identifies innovative opportunities and new communications tools and platforms which can serve to highlight the RIMES work;
- Oversees the production of a range of communications materials for RIMES and the all projects, including managing the website;
- Regularly update RIMES website as well as social media account with mega events and activities;
- Capture knowledge from project implementation (e.g. experiences, successes, lessons learned, user feedback, etc.) and package for dissemination using print, audio/visual, and internet, including social networking media.
- Strengthens quality assurance in all communications related work and activities for the project implementation;
- Keep abreast of Member and Collaboration Countries as well as International partners and stakeholders review process to look for possible synergies in implementation of the communication and public awareness component;
- Document and keep record all RIMES events, activities in the form of written reports, pictures, video clips, press cuttings etc.
- Conduct media monitoring and press-clipping, finding reports in the areas of and circulate them among relevant partners and stakeholders;
- Create contacts database of all of Member and Collaboration Countries as well as International partners and stakeholders outreach activities to ensure effective follow-up;
- Organize knowledge sharing and learning sessions to improve awareness, foster learning, speed collaboration and innovation, and exchange insights among RIMES staff.
- Perform other duties related to the scope of work of Communications Officer as required
Ms. Dusadee Moya
Head, Operational Support
Department of Operational Support (DOS)
Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System
RIMES Program Unit
PO Box 4 Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.