Position Title: Finance and Account Officer
Open Period : 5 January 2024 - 4 February 2024
Background : The Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia
(RIMES) is an international and intergovernmental institution, owned and managed by its Member States, for the generation and application of early warning information. RIMES evolved from the efforts of countries in Africa and Asia, in the aftermath of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, to establish a regional early warning system within a multi-hazard framework for the generation and communication of early warning information, and capacity building for preparedness and response to trans-boundary hazards. RIMES was established on 30 April 2009, and was registered with the United Nations on 1 July 2009. RIMES operates from its regional early warning center located at the campus of the Asian Institute of Technology in Pathumthani.
Position Description: The Finance and Accounting Officer is responsible for preparing financial reports and maintaining records of assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditure, payments and other financial activities. The Finance and Account Officer conducts regular checks of the internal controls, leads the preparation of the monthly accounts closure of the operation, and ensures that disbursements are in accordance with the budget and the RIMES Financial Rules.
Contract Type: Full-Time Contract
Duty station: Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System AIT Campus, 58 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
Education and Experience:
• Completion of bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum of 7 of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, finance, budget.
• Postgraduate degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, finance, budget.
• Professional certification in Accounting or Finance is desirable.
• Experience in analyzing data and preparing management reports
• Work experience from reputable audit firms, international organizations, or donor organizations
Qualifications and Technical Skill
• Knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and standards.
• Ability to apply conceptual, analytical, and evaluative skills in accounting operations.
• Ability to prepare and maintain the full set of accounts
• Knowledge and hands on experience with Infor SunSystems or other Accounting Software (for non-profit)
• Fluency in oral and written English and Thai
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of international donor agency requirements and regulations
• High level attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to follow through on tasks
• Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, open to learning
• Able to work within systems and procedures, work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads
• Able to analyze and integrate potentially conflicting numerical, verbal, and other data from a number of sources
• Willing to demonstrate, apply and share expert technical knowledge across the organization
• Able to work independently and multi-task and meet deadlines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance and Accounting
• General accounting tasks, including reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations, preparing journal entries, preparing monthly closing and financial reports, preparing account/bank reconciliations
• Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks
• Oversee the validation of transactions and verification of their overall impact on the general accounts
• Contributes to updating financial and accounting policies and related tools, systems, technologies, and related procedures.
• Lay down and validate the accounting systems and tools
• Review financial paperwork and procedures, provide recommendations, and make necessary changes
• Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payments vouchers
• Prepare payments, bank transfers, and do the bank transactions
• Produce periodic financial reports and other financial documents for the management of RIMES in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures
• Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to the Head- Operation Support Department as per prescribed deadlines.
• Prepare invoice to the projects for services and cost share
• Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely
• Settle amounts due, or recover outstanding receivables
• Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues
• Prepare and coordinate financial audit
• Ensure timely and effective follow up to audit observations and recommendations
• Ensures that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
• Update the Head- Operation Support Department on financial status of the organization
• Assist the Program Officer in reviewing budget proposals of grantees and sub-contractors
• Ensure proper and complete documentation and filing for easy retrieval of all accounting related documents
• Identify and provide feedback and suggestions to management related to improvements to the RIMES’s policies, procedures, processes and financial systems and related programs
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Head- Operation Support Department.
The Finance and Account Officer will report to Finance and Account Manager
The contract will initially be for one year and will be extended upon satisfactory completion of 120 days probationary term and each annual performance review.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send your application letter, resume, salary expectation and 2 references in PDF format to email@example.com by midnight of 4 February 2024, Bangkok time. Please state “Finance and Account Officer:Your Name “ the Subject line of the email. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Ms. Dusadee Padungkul
Head, Department of Operational Support
Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System
AIT Campus, 58 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1,
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
RIMES promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Well-qualified applicants particularly women are encouraged to apply.