Position Title: Administrative Assistant (Thai Nationality)
Open Period: 5 January 2024 - 4 February 2024
Background: The Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia (RIMES) is an international and intergovernmental institution, owned and managed by its Member States, for the generation and application of early warning information. RIMES evolved from the efforts of countries in Africa and Asia, in the aftermath of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, to establish a regional early warning system within a multi-hazard framework for the generation and communication of early warning information, and capacity building for preparedness and response to trans-boundary hazards. RIMES was established on 30 April 2009, and was registered with the United Nations on 1 July 2009. RIMES operates from its regional early warning center located at the campus of the Asian Institute of Technology in Pathumthani.
Position Description: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative assistance in general project implementation and management and day-to-day liaison with counterparts. He/She will provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to RIMES program, including drafting correspondence, taking of minutes, monitoring project budget and financial, arranging for the processing of government clearances, making travel arrangements and related tasks. The Administrative Assistant carries out his/her functions under the direct supervision of the Head of the Department/Project Director.
Contract Type: Full-Time Contract
Duty station: Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System AIT Campus, 58 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in business administration, development studies, social sciences, or any related field.
• At least 3 years of administrative assistance experience in providing assistance in project coordination, implementation and development of program assistance
• Experience with office operations, general office administration, and office maintenance; Ability to prepare and maintain the full set of accounts
• Experience in program planning and management plus skill in managing the budget and overseeing a project.
• Exceptional interpersonal and public relations skills, as well as the capacity to work in a multicultural team environment
• In-depth knowledge of organizing meetings through online platforms
• Fluency in oral and written English and Thai
• Proficient in Computer literacy
• Familiarity with non-profit organization works is regarded as an asset.
• Thai nationals are preferred, and international experience is a desirable qualification.
• High level attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to follow through on tasks
• Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, open to learning
• Able to work within systems and procedures, work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads
• Able to analyze and integrate potentially conflicting numerical, verbal, and other data from a number of sources
• Willing to demonstrate, apply and share expert technical knowledge across the organization
• Able to work independently and multi-task and meet deadlines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support for program administration activities and support to all team members in the organization of daily/weekly/monthly program implementation.
• Be responsible for day-to-day correspondence, information sharing and filing ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
• Preparation, distribution, and maintenance of documentation and meeting minutes related to the administration and execution of the program.
• Management of a database of program documents in relation to program activities and other essential documents such as published event calendars and status reports; establishment of an electronic and hard copy file system.
• Assist members of the team and other program experts from internal and external organizations with international and regional travel arrangements, as well as provide assistance with travel advance settlement.
• Preparation and maintenance of the inventory of the Department/Project assets including stationery, equipment, publications, storage retrieval, preparation of requests for the purchase of new products; and regular email monitoring for team member requests and follow-up
• Monitor project budget and financial expenditures and their conformity to the work-plan; process request for payments of direct payments and advance requests and assist in preparing project budget revisions.
• Liaise with the Operation Support Department on financial and administrative matters and ensure that all administrative and financial transactions are properly carried out according to the requirements of the project.
• Assistance in monitoring important timelines for different projects under the Department/Project and proactively notifying key staff on these deadlines.
• Maintaining an official directory of staff and consultants with functional designations who work on different projects.
• Other duties as assigned by Head of the Department/Project Director.
Immediate Supervisor: The Administrative Assistant will report to Head of the Department/Project Director.
Duration: 1 year (extendable for longer-term employment, based on satisfactory performance)
Probationary period: 120 Days.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send your application letter, resume, salary expectation and 2 references in PDF format to email@example.com by midnight of 4 February 2024, Bangkok time. Please state “Administrative Assistant: Your Name” the Subject line of the email. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Ms. Dusadee Padungkul
Head, Department of Operational Support
Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System
AIT Campus, 58 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1,
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
RIMES promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Well-qualified applicants particularly women are encouraged to apply.